Home Buyer Checklist
Congratulations on getting ready to purchase your new home! Whether you’re a first-time homebuyer or this isn’t your first rodeo, we’re here to help you experience an effortless, trouble-free closing. We understand one simple mistake can cause stress on everyone involved. Ratified Title Group understands this is unacceptable. We strive to be the most efficient and accurate title company in the DC metropolitan area.
What You Need
First, it’s important to notify all parties involved as soon as possible if any buyers won’t be able to attend the scheduled closing. Some lenders require power of attorney authorization before the closing. Additionally, we recommend completing the tasks below prior to the closing. The earlier, the better!
- Let your utility companies know about the upcoming move. Many require advance notice and if you don’t tell them, you could pay for services at your old property after moving.
- Inform us if any funds for the settlement are coming from the sale of another property. This is important information for us to know while processing your real estate title settlement.
- Provide your lender a copy of your Homeowner’s Insurance Policy. Lenders require this information prior to closing.
What to Bring
After completing the above tasks, you’re one step closer to signing on the dotted line! To make the process even easier, make sure to bring the following items with you to the closing. This helps us ensure your closing is as quick and easy as possible.
- All signers must bring a valid government issued picture ID.
- All funds due at closing must be provided by wire. No checks, cashier’s check, cash, ACH, money order are allowed.
- Your personal checkbook if there will be a difference between your estimate and actual cost.
- A completed version of our Buyer Information Sheet. This can be downloaded in Microsoft Word format here.
Obtaining title insurance is a crucial step in property ownership. Despite thorough inspections, it’s possible to overlook important details about a property’s history. That’s where title insurance comes in – it provides protection against unforeseen liabilities or damages that may have been caused by previous owners. At Ratified Title Group, we understand the importance of title insurance and strive to offer the most comprehensive coverage available to ensure a smooth and secure settlement process.