Home Buyer Checklist
Congratulations on getting ready to purchase your new home! Whether you’re a first-time homebuyer or this isn’t your first rodeo, we’re here to help you experience an effortless, trouble-free closing. We understand one simple mistake can cause an enormous of stress on everyone involved. Ratified Title Group understands this is unacceptable. We strive to be the most efficient and accurate title company in the DC metropolitan area.
What You Need
First, it’s important to notify all parties involved as soon as possible if any buyers won’t be able to attend the scheduled closing. Some lenders require power of attorney authorization before the closing. Additionally, we recommend completing the tasks below prior to the closing. The earlier, the better!
- Let your utility companies know about the upcoming move. Many require advance notice and if you don’t tell them, you could pay for services at your old property after moving.
- Inform us if any funds for the settlement are coming from the sale of another property. This is important information for us to know while processing your real estate title settlement.
- Provide your lender a copy of your Homeowner’s Insurance Policy. Lenders require this information prior to closing.
What to Bring
After completing the above tasks, you’re one step closer to signing on the dotted line! To make the process even easier, make sure to bring the following items with you to the closing. This helps us ensure your closing is as quick and easy as possible.
- A valid picture identification must be provided by all buyers. Usually buyers bring driver’s licenses for this purpose.
- If applicable, a certified or cashier’s check for the settlement funds. Generally, this needs to be made payable to Ratified Title Group, Inc.
- Your personal checkbook if there will be a difference between your estimate and actual cost.
- A completed version of our Buyer Information Sheet. This can be downloaded in Microsoft Word format here.
- Your real estate agent may need to bring a completed version of either the listing agent form or selling agent form. Both are provided here.
Title insurance is a must have. When purchasing a property, lots can be missed in the inspection stage – this is why title insurance exists. Title insurance protects you and your client’s from unexpected property damage from previous tenants. Ratified Title Group offers the best title insurance available for every settlement that comes through our doors.